Buy A Home
Now is the Perfect Time to Buy A Home -
Find Out How Right Here
Are you ready to buy a home? For most Americans, the dream of buying a home comes at the top of the list of things we aspire to achieve. But sometimes turning the dream into reality can be a little overwhelming.
That’s where Mortgage Options comes in. Our Mortgage Options Team is standing by to help make it easy for you buy a home. Whether it’s your first home or your twenty-first, our mission is to help you get the financing you need.
Things to Consider When You Want to Buy a Home
We’ve made a list of things to think about when shopping for a new mortgage:
1. Determine what you can afford. This seems obvious but it’s surprising how many people don’t stop to consider whether they can actually afford to buy that pretty little home they’ve fallen in love with. Here are some essential points to consider:
• Family Income
• Credit Score
• Typical Monthly Bills
• Available Down Payment Amount
• Mortgage Interest Rate
• Monthly Mortgage Payment
2. You have rights – Learn what they are. Be sure to investigate your rights so you don’t get taken advantage of by unscrupulous lenders and others in the housing industry. Consider these issues:
• Equal Opportunity and Fair Housing Rights
• RESPA – The Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
• Rights of the Borrower
• Illegal Lending Practices
3. Look for the right loan. Seek help in finding the most suitable mortgage for your situation. A reputable mortgage lender can be a big help in working with you to find the best mortgage deal. They will help you compare to find the best mortgage, and they will help you to avoid undesirable elements in the lending industry.
4. Find out about any programs available for buying a home. Your mortgage lender can also help you in this area. They will guide you as to what home buying deals might exist in your area and help you select any programs that might be appropriate for your situation. Here are just a few federal programs that could be helpful:
• Good Neighbor Program
• Hurricane Evacuees Discount Program
• Homeownership for People in Public Housing
5. Shop for a new house. Decide what kind of home you’d like, making sure it’s within the range of what you can afford. Here are some tips for shopping for a home:
• Develop a List of Desirable Features
• Make a Home-Buying List
• Make a List of Houses for Sale
• Investigate Fixer-Upper Home Buy and Fix Programs
• Consider Manufactured Homes
• Consider Building a New House
6. Make the offer. Work with your real estate agent to make an appropriate offer.
7. Get the house inspected. One of the best ways to protect yourself is to have your home purchase contingent on a satisfactory home inspection. Be sure to develop a list of questions for the home inspector. Your real estate agent can help you with the list.
8. Buy homeowners insurance. Shop around for the best deals on homeowner’s insurance. Seek advice from your real estate agent and mortgage lender on how to lower your homeowner’s insurance expenses.
9. Sign the papers. You’ve done your homework and now it’s time to head to the “closing” or “settlement”. Be sure you read and understand documents before you sign.
Buying a home is a wonderful goal, and the folks at Mortgage Options will make the process much easier.
When you’re ready to buy a home, call Mortgage Options today: (803) 732-5787 or Toll Free at (866) 456-5511. Or better yet, fill out our fast, easy online.