Stay in the know.
The credit bureaus have several call centers that are located outside of the United States. When calling the credit bureaus it is best to ask if you are speaking with an office located in the U.S. If you are not, politely ask to be transferred to an office in the U.S. This helps expedite the process.
The following steps will remove the disputes with Experian, Transunion and Equifax. Plan on around 5-15 minutes per bureau.
- Step 1: Call Equifax at 1-800-203-7843, there will be a brief recording and then a live agent will answer.
- Step 2: The agent will ask you for a confirmation number, let them know you don’t have one and you need to get dispute comments taken off of your credit report.
- Step 3: Let the agent know what accounts are showing up in dispute, they will send out a request to have these comments removed.
- Step 4: They will ask you for your email address so they can send you confirmation when the disputes are removed.
- Step 1: Call Experian at 714-830-7000, press option 0 to speak with the next available Operator. You will then be transferred to a live agent. The agent will ask you “how can I direct your call?” Advise the agent you need to get dispute comments removed from your credit report so you can move forward with your home mortgage. If they ask if you have an Experian Id # advise them that you do not. They will then transfer you to a customer service representative.
- Step 2: Let the agent know you need to get the “dispute comments” removed from your credit report and which accounts are showing up on your credit report with these comments. The agent will put in a request to have these comments removed. They may ask you if you agree the way the account is currently reporting and you will need to say YES to get the disputes removed. It should only take 24 to 72 hours for this request to be completed and they will send you a verification email after these comments have been removed.
- Step 1: Call Transunion at 1-800-916-8800
- Step 2: At the recording press option 4 to speak to a representative, then press option 2 that you don’t have a Transunion identification number.
- Step 3: Let the agent know you have accounts showing up in dispute and you need to have that comment removed. (THEY WILL ADVISE YOU IT CAN TAKE 30 DAYS BUT IT IS USUALLY REMOVED IN 48-72 HOURS.)
- Step 4: The agent will go through the accounts in dispute with you one by one.
- Step 5: They will mail confirmation to you at your mailing address when the disputes are removed.
This was sent to us by Kelly Olert with National Credit Care
Mortgage Options, Inc. is a licensed mortgage broker NMLS 803458 SC DCA and NMLS 1183586 NC Commissioner of Banks